I will be speaking at the Dallas Fort Worth SharePoint User’s Group on Tuesday, February 19th. The meeting will be from 6:30-8:00pm. My topic will be "Upgrading WSS and Office Server 2007 to Service Pack 1”. Here’s a brief description of the talk:
In mid-December of 2007, Microsoft released the first service pack for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS) and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS). These service packs are filled with hot fixes and important upgrades to WSS and MOSS. These service packs add support for the upcoming release of Windows Server 2008, Web Parts that use ASP.NET AJAX, new STSADM operations, and much more. But installing them requires more planning than just running SETUP.exe. In this talk we’ll examine the points below and follow them up with a live demonstration:
- What common problems are fixed by the SP1
- What should I consider BEFORE installing SP1
- How do I slipstream the installations for use in Server 2008
- What are some of the common problems encountered when trying to install SP1
- What other service packs will I need to install
The User Group meets at the local Microsoft Offices in Irving, TX. You can find the office at 7000 State Highway 16, Irving, TX 75039. The meeting will be in the LC1 Building (Right Tower) on the 1st Floor in Room 1200 (Left of the main security desk). The DFW SharePoint Community is the only dedicated North Texas SharePoint
forum to promote:
- Sharing of SharePoint "Best Practices" and Successes.
- Exchange for Issues and Work Arounds.
- Exposure to Certified 3rd party add on products.
- Connection Point for market and Microsoft SharePoint resources
Meetings are free and open to the public, but registration is required. You can register for the February meeting here.